Wednesday, April 1, 2009

She knows what she wants!

So about 2 weeks ago Cher was with one of her friends and she goes potty on the big potty, so that has sparked an interest for Cher lately. She will come to me and tell me she is stinky and she wants her diaper changed now. I have had her little potty out since she was about 18 months old and she has mostly used it for a stool, until the past two days! She has decided to be a big girl and we are going potty on the big potty. Now don't think i am supper mom, she is not fully there just yet. I really wasn't wanting to do this until summer but i guess i might as well jump on the wagon and get going since she is the one ready to go. I mostly put her on the potty and she goes and she will tell me occasionally that she has to go. So for now she still wears a diaper with her big girl underwear on over. I let her pick out her candy she wanted each time she went and good news, she picked out the nasty marshmallow ducks(sorry Morgan & dad, but they are) so i don't have to worry about eating them, she knows they are just for her. Its so interesting that each child is different and they know exactly what they want and when they want it.
P.S. Any helpful tips are appreciated!

Chers potty treats

After she went!

We either read books or look at her eggs she got from her Easter egg hunt.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope potty training goes well! It is not fun while you are doing it but the end results are very nice!

[Morgan] said...

yes!
ellie was potty trained at about the same age. i didn't want to do it yet, but she wanted too so i did.
don't stifle it if she has the desire is what i say. she'll just change her mind later if you wait... ha ha ha.
she's so damned cute too.

ps sure miss seeing you monthly:(

Jenny said...

ruby cries (or pretends to) if i even suggest that she use the potty. it will probably be a while before we get around to potty training at our house. :)

good luck!

Angie Cleveland said...

Wow! You are super mom! Kaylee will be wearing diapers until she is 3!j/k at least through the summer! Thanks for posting the pictures. I am such a slacker I still haven't posted anything. Still trying to get my house all decorated and done. I can now say I will be in Utah in less than a month! Can't wait to see you! Love Ya: Angie

Katie and Lane said...

Way to go Cher. I say don't push it to much or it could back fire. Let her do it when she can. Rewards are great.

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

WOW! That is soo awesome! Just stay positive the entire time!
Amanda