Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Taking care of herself

I have been meaning to post this picture for some time, It's a funny story that I will always want to remember and I am sure I will have more of these to come. A few weeks ago I got home really late and so I didn't wake up early to go to the gym and I slept in. Chris loves to go and get Cher in the morning and play with her so when it was time for him to leave I was still sleeping and he came in and told me that Cher was in her exersaucer and was watching baby Einstein. I told him okay and said I would be up in a few minutes this was around 7:30. Cher usually eats breakfast around 8:00 and then has a bath and a nap around 9:00am. I finally woke up and hadn't heard anything from my little one, looked at my watch and it was 9:15am!!!I got out of bed and I ran into the family room thinking to myself what is Cher doing? Is she okay, is she alive?? To my surprise I saw this!

Yep my little Cher bear had taken it upon herself to give herself a nap, she hadn't had breakfast or anything. I felt so bad but i don't think she cried at all because she still gets up around 5am to have a bottle so maybe she just got board of the DVD playing the begging on baby Einstein over and over again(Chris didn't put it on repeat ha ha.) She woke up soon after to a pleasant surprise of her mommy awake.





Question for everyone!!!

I am in the market for a new camera. I am really not sure what kind to buy. Let me explain, I am so sick of having to take like 50 pictures of anything(mostly of Cher) to get one good one. I really want a fast camera that is going to take the picture that i am trying to take. does that make sense? Also i have been thinking about possibly starting to take a photography class in the fall of this year, just for fun. So i am thinking i want to get a camera that i can use for that. I am just starting to do some research on them but i would like any of your opinions on what kind to possibly get. I am fine with spending a good amount of money on one as long as i know how to use it and it does what i want it to. I don't think that i need the top of the line equipment since i am just a beginner. Please Help!!!!! Thanks

13 comments:

Jenny said...

poor cher. what a sweetie. :)

are you looking for a slr or just a point and shoot? i'll email you some good ones.

Kari Ann said...

That is so cute! What a good little girl! So my question is did you buy some corn beef when you were at the store the other day?

Amber Lynn said...

how sweet! man if there were really that easy all the time!! Cant wait to go to lunch with you girls next week!!

Lance and Becky said...

Erin, she is so darn cute, Rylie did that the other day with Lance in her jumperoo! It's so funny huh! We need to get together like real soon, I miss you! Cher's a sweetheart, I just love her!

[Morgan] said...

Oh that is hysterical! What a doll. Don't feel bad, you're such a great mommy! Darling.

Katie and Lane said...

Thats a sweet story about Cher. It all happens to the best of us at some point or another. What mom isn't tired. As for digital cameras. I know exactly what you mean. My good friend has the Nikon D300. It is a beautiful camera and the pictures are great. 12 mega pixel. It does cost about 1500$. But you wont be sorry. When my friend and I our out together we take the same picture and her's always looks 100 times better. I thought maybe she is a better photographer. Nope its just the camera. She let me borrow it and its awesome. I am going to buy the same one when we get home. Plus it would be great to use in a photography class.

Jennifer said...

I love the story about Cher! She was so nice to let you sleep in. If you still need help with cameras Brian has done a lot of research for his cameras for school. He would be happy to help.

Mari said...

I found you!! Bonko! She is so cute, I love it!

Holly said...

Oh Erin this picture is hilarious! I love moments like this.

As for a camera, a SLR is what you want and there are lots of good options. BHphoto.com is a great resource with lots of good information. I would definitely say Canon or Nikon. Personally I am a Canon girl, but everyone has different opinions and I will stick with them because I have some great Canon lenses. One key thing to know is that as long as you have a decent camera body, the lens (or lenses) you buy will make more of a difference than the camera. It is best to buy the body separate and then put a little more money and research into the best lens for you, probably a zooms lens with a good range to start. If it comes down to buying a slightly nicer camera or a slightly nicer lens, go for the lens as long as the camera is decent. I haven't shot with it, but I have heard that the Rebel xti is a good camera and I think it is priced reasonably. Good luck, this is a great investment and you won't regret it!

A couple other thoughts: A nicer camera will make a difference in your photos especially with the ability to take the photo when you want to (point and shoots are a pain that way!), but what will really make a difference is knowing how to use it. Reading the manual and shooting outside of Auto is key and will make the biggest difference. I know of a good basic book if you are ever interested and a class would be great too, but you would be amazed how much you can learn on your own.

The End . . .

Mann's said...

I want to go to lunch!!! Or is this another Cheer Girls only! haha Well I love me Cannon S5!!! It is amazing! Best Buy Baby

Jennica said...

That was the funniest story!! LOL.. That sounds like something I would do but Gracie would not. She could never fall asleep like that. Ha ha cute picture!

Lindsay said...

My step mom is a photographer and has worked with some major professionals at Sundance and they all recommend the Nixon DX40 or D40. I have that and I really like it. I obviously don't use it for my blog pictures.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Hey - if you're looking for a point & shoot, the Kodak Easyshare Z1275 is awesome. It's a 12MP with 25x Digital Zoom and takes phenominal pictures. You can get it for under $200 on www.abesofmaine.com and you can read reviews about it at www.kodak.com or www.cnet.com. I bought it recently for our travels because we dont want to lug around the bigger SLR type cameras. BUT - if you want an SLR, (which I would recommend for serious photography), then the Canon 40D is an absolute must. It's amazing... I've played around with them and if/when I buy my SLR that I want so badly, that's what I'm buying. It's pricey though... at retail stores they are $1500 just for the camera, no lenses. But, if you go on ebay and search Canon 40D Bundles, you can find the camera and a bunch of lenses for $1500 total. Not bad. Anyway, hope you guys are great! See you at the next family party :)