Monday, November 5, 2007

You never know...

Chris and i got back on Saturday from going on the ranger to find a ambulance and a fire truck at the end of our road. The family that lives there are great people and the wife has some bad health problems. We wondered what was going on. That night we got a call. They have a boy that just turned 16 and Chris is the young men's president. Anyway the dad was playing football with his daughters boyfriend for about 30 minutes and went back inside and was sitting down talking to his wife about how he is not in very good shape and they were laughing about it. 15 minutes later he had a massive heart attack and passed away he was only 50 years old. My heart goes out to this family. Everyone was in total shock. I am so grateful that i have the Gospel in my life and that i know we will be able to see brother Logan again. I seriously do not know were i would be right now if i didn't make the choices that i have. I love my heavenly father and savior so much!!! Sometimes we don't know why things like this happen, but it wakes me up every time i hear of a situation like this. We need to enjoy each day and live it to the fullest. We never know when its our time to go back to our father in heaven.

2 comments:

Kari Ann said...

How sad! Thanks for sharing, it really is a wake up call when things like this happen. And, I agree, you never know.

Lance and Becky said...

How devistating! I'm so sorry, that is so so sad. Thanks Erin for sharing, I think we all have times where we need a reality check. You can't take life for granted that's for sure, or other's for that matter! Love you Erin, if there's anything we can do, please let us know!