Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Weekend

Since Corn season is coming up in 2 weeks. Yes that's right everyone, are you ready to eat corn all summer long??(I'm not but that's besides the point) Chris and i got away for one last weekend and also for our 4 year anniversary(can you believe 4 years?) We will be busy in the corn fields(not that way)on our real anniversary. We went up and stayed at a really nice Bed & Breakfast in Midway. We went from Sunday night to Tuesday and had a great time, we went shopping and got lots of good stuff, ate at some great restaurant, watched movies, and we even got massages(we have been meaning to do this since our honeymoon and it finally happened.) It was so nice to relax and enjoy each others company. We did miss Cher and we were happy to see here when we got home. Thanks mom and dad for watching her!! Yes i did bring my camera but Chris thinks for some reason i only bring it so i can post pictures on my blog and that i lie when i tell him that taking pictures are for our enjoyment as we get older and for our kids as they get older too, so no pictures, i know disappointing. But i thought i would share our fun weekend.
Invited Inn

If you ever want to switch things up a little bit and stay somewhere else besides a hotel this was a great place. It was really quite and quaint and the rooms were nice and it was fun to go somewhere different for a change.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you got a little break before corn season. I can't believe it is time for corn already!

Angie Cleveland said...

Sounds like you had fun! We are dying for a get away and leaving the girls. Maybe this summer!

Jenny said...

sounds like a fun weekend! good luck w/ corn!

Unknown said...

I always crave going somewhere like Midway or Heber! Sometimes I just want to get away from this crazy California madness! Lucky you! And I am jealous of the yummy corn... I'll be there in June, maybe I could have some then! And we should hook up!